Beautiful gardens are synonymous with Tzaneen and surrounding areas, and it is with great pleasure that a group of keen garden owners have decided to open their gardens to the public who would like to visit and appreciate the splendour of their tropical Lowveld gardens.
Although the area has recently been challenged with a very dry season, visitors will still be astounded by the lush profusion of blossoms and blooms for which this area is so well known for during springtime.
Gardens in Tzaneen varies, some with colourful seasonal annuals and others with indigenous water-wise plants. Sizes of the gardens range from acre plots to small and medium town gardens.
Two hotels and a nursery are currently included, where visitors can also enjoy the gardens, plants, refreshments and exciting activities.
Other attractions or activities recommended during that time is:
- The annual Magoebaskloof / Haenertsburg Springfair – 21-24 September (Haenertsburg Village)
- Magoebaskloof Canopy Tours – firstname.lastname@example.org / 083 866 1546
- Visiting the well-known Modjadji Cycad Forest – information available on www.iinfo.co.za
- Visiting the Debengeni waterfalls – information available on www.iinfo.co.za
- Gin-tasting at the Old Packhouse Gin distillery – Mark Dando – 071 876 8969
- Wine-tasting at Fairview Hotel, Tzaneen – 015 3072679 / www. fairviewtzaneen.co.za
For more information contact Marinda Thomas on 083 488 3885 or email email@example.com